Week 5 Beginning 29th June
This week, children will be writing a letter in the role of a doctor about the heart.
Every Friday, children should do their weekly spelling test using the spellings provided the previous week and complete a SPaG mat.
SPaG mats are organised into 3 levels:
- 1 star is for those who are unconfident with this topic
- 2 star is for those who are confident with this topic
- 3 star is for the confident learners who are expecting extra challenge
You are only required to complete 1 level per lesson.
When writing in the purple text books for English there are a few things to remember:
- neat cursive handwriting (capital letters bigger than the smaller letters and writing on the line with finger spaces)
- write the long date and underline it and underline the title for the lesson.
- capital letters at the beginning of a sentence, for names of proper nouns (names and places) and when using I
- use a range of punctuation such as full stops, commas, speech marks, exclamation marks and question marks