At Isleworth Town Primary School the health, safety and well-being of every child is our top priority. We expect staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment to safeguarding our pupils.
We listen to our pupils and take seriously what they tell us. All school staff are trained in Child Protection and children are made aware of the adults they can talk to if they have any concerns. Staff are trained to look out for signs of physical/emotional harm or neglect and are required to report these to the Designated Safeguarding Lead. We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection policy.
On rare occasions our concern about a child may mean that we have to consult other agencies. We will ensure that all concerns are discussed with parent/carers first, before any referrals are made, unless we believe that such a move may be contrary to a child’s welfare.
We actively support the Government’s Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead is Miss J Bassett (Deputy Head)
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead is Mrs E Sheedy (Headteacher)
- Designated Safeguarding Lead for the pre-school is Miss J Bassett (Deputy Head)
- Governor in charge of safeguarding is Ellie Greenwood
If you require any further information please contact Miss J Bassett or Ms E Sheedy.
Isleworth Town - a community where everyone is valued and children become kind, confident and creative learners.
In order to achieve this we aim to:
- Ensure all pupils are respectful
- Create a curriculum which engages learners and encourages creativity, curiosity and cooperation
- Nurture the development of self-belief, resilience and independence
- Celebrate all successes
- Have ambitions and high expectations
- Prepare pupils for the next stage in their life and learning