Week 4 Beginning 22nd June
This week, children will be writing letter to their class teacher.
Every Friday, children should do their weekly spelling test using the spellings provided the previous week and complete a SPaG mat.
SPaG mats are organised into 3 levels:
- 1 star is for those who are unconfident with this topic
- 2 star is for those who are confident with this topic
- 3 star is for the confident learners who are expecting extra challenge
You are only required to complete 1 level per lesson.
When writing in the purple text books for English there are a few things to remember:
- neat cursive handwriting (capital letters bigger than the smaller letters and writing on the line with finger spaces)
- write the long date and underline it and underline the title for the lesson.
- capital letters at the beginning of a sentence, for names of proper nouns (names and places) and when using I
- use a range of punctuation such as full stops, commas, speech marks, exclamation marks and question marks