At Isleworth Town Primary School the health, safety and well-being of every child is our top priority. We expect staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment to safeguarding our pupils.
We listen to our pupils and take seriously what they tell us. All school staff are trained in Child Protection, and children are made aware of the adults they can talk to if they have any concerns. Staff are trained to look out for signs of physical/emotional harm or neglect and are required to report these to the Designated Safeguarding Officer. We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Child Protection policy which can be viewed here – Please click here
On rare occasions our concern about a child may mean that we have to consult other agencies. We will ensure that all concerns are discussed with parent/carers first, before any referrals are made, unless we believe that such a move may be contrary to a child’s welfare.
We actively support the Government’s Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.
- Designated Safeguarding Officer is Miss J Bassett (Deputy Head)
- Deputy Safeguarding Officer is Mrs E Sheedy (Headteacher)
- Designated Safeguarding Officer for the pre-school is Miss J Bassett (Deputy Head)
- Governor in charge of safeguarding is Ellie Greenwood
If you require any further information please contact Miss J Bassett or Ms E Sheedy.
As a school we are committed to:
Working together to develop a community where everyone is valued and children become confident and successful learners.
In order to achieve this we aim to:
- Ensure every individual feels respected and valued
- Create an environment in which everyone feels safe, happy and enjoys school
- Provide a creative curriculum which engages learners and develops the skills of enquiry, investigation, co-operation
- Nurture the development of self belief, resilience and independence
- Celebrate the successes and achievements of all
- Foster high expectations of self and others
- Prepare our pupils for their role in society as morally responsible citizens and lifelong learners
Please find links below to important documents and information about our school.